Health Outcomes Research
Patient reported outcomes
In addition to improving clinical outcomes, your product may have an impact on patient reported outcomes (PROs) such as heath-related quality of life (HRQoL), treatment satisfaction, pain or fatigue. Your products may have a beneficial effect on one or several of these outcomes. Sometimes, the benefit may consist of having no negative impact on any of these. For some diseases (e.g. migraine), PROs may be the primary outcomes of interest.
Whatever the situation, careful selection of the most suitable and sensitive measures is essential for the successful documentation of any such benefit.
Equally important is the appropriate presentation, interval of administration and other considerations of using these measures in your clinical or observational studies.
Accovion’s health outcomes research experts will help you with all related aspects, including:
- Providing the rationale for assessment of PROs
- Selecting, compiling and using PRO measures
- Obtaining license agreements from copyright holders or new language versions
- Processing and evaluating the data
- Reporting the findings
Accovion ensures that your health outcomes research is compliant with international guidelines and regulations. In addition, we provide:
- Close interaction with other team members, e. g. CRF designers and database programmers
- Presentations at investigator meetings
- Guidance for patients and site staff
- Data correction guidelines and input into statistical analysis plans
- Interpretation and reporting of findings, including publications
Accovion can provide health outcomes research in all therapeutic areas. We have specific experience in:
- Coronary heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis